CA - Incorrect Default Paternity Judgments
posted by Adam on Monday April 07, @04:30PM
from the Paternity-Law- dept.
Reproductive Rights warble writes "As everybody knows, anytime that men's activist try to bring fairness to paternity law we get overwhelming opposition, and as predicted the opponents of paternity fraud legislation are opposing SB1030 in California in big numbers. Currently, there are only two letters of support in Senator Ashburn's office for SB1030. Therefore, we need every person on this forum to send in letters and faxes. Do not send emails or make phone calls. They will not work. This must be in writing. Here is a sample letter: Click Read More/Post Comments for the letter.

Honorable Senator Roy Ashburn
State Capitol, Room 2068
Sacramento, CA 95814
Fax: (916) 322-3304

Dear Senator Ashburn,

I am writing this letter in support of SB1030. For too long innocent families have been victimized by incorrect default paternity judgments and paternity fraud. With the advances in technology we are able to determine the actual paternity of a child. We need to update our paternity laws to account for modern advances in science. Like a person on death row, we should be using DNA testing to provide relief to innocent victims of incorrect default paternity judgments. It is my understanding that SB1030 will do the following:

  • 1. Permit a victim of paternity fraud and an incorrect default paternity judgment to seek an affordable remedy at law.
  • 2. Permit the victim to have arrearages of an incorrect order to be vacated
  • 3. Allow a victim of an incorrect default paternity judgment a reasonable chance to challenge a judgment that would otherwise be final by allowing a judgment to be set aside within two years have a wage garnishment or the actual discovery of an incorrect default paternity judgment.

I encourage you to aggressively move this bill forward and thereby free innocent victims and their children of the oppressive burdens imposed by an incorrect default paternity judgment.

Thanks,

Your Name
Your Address

It is very important to thousands of families in California that we get these letters sent. Thanks for your help.

Replace "Failed" Institution of Marriage? | Trident Gum castration campaign  >

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Letter Writing (Score:1)
by Dittohd on Monday April 07, @11:42PM EST (#1)
(User #1075 Info)
Am I correct in that letters only from California residents are desired?

Dittohd

Re:Letter Writing (Score:2)
by warble (activistwarble@yahoo.com) on Tuesday April 08, @02:20AM EST (#2)
(User #643 Info)
Please send all letters from all over the nation. Be certain to modify it to state that you want this law to pass so that it will set a standard in the nation for your state.

Disclaimer: My statements are intended to be personal opinion, belief, sarcasm, or allegation.
Letters are Starting to Flow! (Score:2)
by warble (activistwarble@yahoo.com) on Tuesday April 08, @10:29AM EST (#3)
(User #643 Info)
Thanks everybody for responding. The letters are starting to flow! But we still need more. Last year we had 100 letters. This year we need to get 500 letters of support.

Please have all your friends, doctors, attorneys, work associates and more send letters of support.

We need to get relief to the paternity fraud victims that have been made homeless by the DCSS's aggressive tactics in assigning incorrect default paternity judgments!

The victims are veterans like Taron who have suffered at the hands of the CA DCSS strong arm tactics.

They are victims like Bert Riddick who became homeless after that Bastard Gov. Davis vetoed AB2240 when it was passed by such a large margin.

They are victims like the Kee family who suffer while two fathers pay child support for a single child because of the DCSS's strong arm tactics.

Those BASTARDS! How dare they make innocent men and their families homeless! Let's put the CA DCSS in their place!

Finally, we have made a major change in our tactics. So, we believe that Gov Davis will have to support this bill. Nevertheless, we are preparing the CA leg. to override his veto if that is necessary. They do believe in fairness.

Warble
Disclaimer: My statements are intended to be personal opinion, belief, sarcasm, or allegation.
My Out Of State Letter (Score:2)
by Thomas on Tuesday April 08, @11:10AM EST (#4)
(User #280 Info)
Hey, everybody, we spend a lot of time discussing issues on this forum. Here's a chance to actually do something. The following is the letter that I sent. It's for an out-of-state resident. Please feel free to modify it as you see fit or to use it as is.

Let's get some letters and faxes rolling in.

"Dear Senator Ashburn,

"I am writing to encourage you to support SB1030. Men and children have been victimized for too long by the crime of paternity fraud. DNA testing now allows us to determine the actual paternity of a child. Men should not be forced to support children that are not theirs. Such a practice not only wrongs the men who are being defrauded, it harms children, and, in the long run, it severely damages society.

"Though I am not a resident of California, I will be watching the progress of this bill. I encourage you to do everything that you can to advance it into law. The terrible injustice of paternity fraud must be ended. Innocent men must be free from unfair burdens. Children must no longer be victimized.

"Thank you."

(Name and address withheld for this forum)
Re:My Out Of State Letter (Score:2)
by warble (activistwarble@yahoo.com) on Tuesday April 08, @02:39PM EST (#5)
(User #643 Info)
Thomas,

Thanks for sending this letter. I cannot emphasize how important this letter is to the victims of the CA DCSS that have lost their homes and had their lives destroyed.

All it takes is five minutes to get this letter or perhaps a few more minutes to personalize a letter.

These letters will make the difference. They do count. I can promise you that because NCFM, LA has worked directly with Senator Ashburn in crafting SB1030. This is your chance to make a difference in the lives of people who have been victimized by anti-male bigotry, and I know this will work because we did it last year. We can do this again.

Thanks for your help,

Warble

Disclaimer: My statements are intended to be personal opinion, belief, sarcasm, or allegation.
Out Of State Letter (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Tuesday April 08, @08:48PM EST (#6)
I am also from out of state (NY) and I combined 2 of the above letters into one compelling letter and will be sending it out tomorrow.

It took all of 3 minutes, guys.

Let's do it.
Mark
People are Beginning to Respond! (Score:2)
by warble (activistwarble@yahoo.com) on Tuesday April 08, @10:57PM EST (#7)
(User #643 Info)
But we need more. Here is a letter that I just wrote to a powerful attorney that is in support of SB1030. It has new factual information in it on how CA is assigning multiple fathers to pay child support for a single child. SCARY! VERY SCARY! BUT IT IS REALITY! And they can do this to any male in California that has ever resided there just by serving them at the incorrect address!

Daniel,

It gets even scarier. NCFM, LA is currently attending a CA DCSS Paternity Workgroup that has been created by the Executive Order of Gov. Davis. Basically, this is a group of DCSS employees, gender feminist, and gender feminist hiding behind the "child’s best interest" groups that want to dramatically change CA laws. They literally want to further the practice of having multiple males assigned paternity based on whether the child has ever viewed the male as the father, or if the mother names multiple males as the father of a child. Do not underestimate their power or their resolve in this issue.

Currently, we know of two cases where multiple males have been assigned paternity in California, yet we know there are more. It also turns out that there is a huge financial incentive for welfare mothers to get multiple males assigned paternity. They are able to do this by getting paternity assigned to a male in one county and then going to another county and have a second or more males assigned as the father. Worse, when these incorrect default paternity orders take place they cannot be dismissed without considerable expense ($30K or more) if at all. When the DCSS learns of this they do nothing. There is no criminal action or anything done to discourage this form of paternity fraud.

Here is an example where a DA is trying to have an appeals court assign three men paternity using incorrect default paternity orders:

Case Law - multiple fathers

If you have people in California that can make the April 22nd hearing in Sacramento in the Committee of Judiciary, I would encourage you to attend. It would help to have 500 people pack their chambers from all over the nation. We know this can be done because we did this last year with 100 people. With that many people they cannot ignore us.

We must stop the CA DCSS in its tracks. We believe that we can stop this corrupt organization in its tracks because we got AB2240 passed last year. Unfortunately, Gov Davis vetoed it on a technicality. SB1030 is a reintroduction of that bill and it has been modified to address the objections of Gov. Davis.

Finally, I cannot emphasize the importance of the good people in this nation sending letters of support for SB1030 to the Ca Senate Committee of Judiciary and Senator Ashburn.

Our failure or success will literally influence how paternity is established throughout the nation. Make no mistake, there are very powerful groups that are rallying in support of assigning multiple fathers to a single child. It’s all about getting more money in the "best interest of the child." They completely ignore the damage that is done to the male’s own family and biological children. Some might even call these people evil.

Also, if there are people that belong to a men's issues organizations, second wives organizations, equity feminist organizations, or other groups that would like to attend the CA DCSS Paternity Workgroup, I would encourage you to attend. Currently, the pro-biology members in favor of establishing paternity on the basis of biology are badly out numbered 30 to 6. The location of the workgroup in Sacramento CA State Capital room 127 from 1-5PM. Contact me for further details. WE NEED HELP BIG TIME!

BE CERTAIN TO SEND THOSE LETTERS! They are starting to flow in now, but we need many more. Thanks to those that have already sent letters. I can promise you that THEY DO COUNT! Do not send emails or make phone calls. They are a waste of time because they are ignored. Here is the link to the Senate Judiciary Members:

CA Committee of Judiciary

Here is the link for Senator Roy Ashburn:

Roy Ashburn

By sending a simple letter you will be helping innocent families that have been literally made homeless by the CA DCSS. You will be helping people like Bert Riddick and his family, people like Yevette & Chaka Kee who struggle on a meager income to fight back after the DCSS seizes 50% of his wages, and you'll be helping people like the Daryl & Avita Crismon family who found out about an incorrect default paternity judgment only when they went to buy a home for their family. They never had a chance.

THESE LETTERS MEAN MORE THAN MONEY TO THESE VICTIMS. TELL EVERYBODY. GO TO YOUR CHURCHES. GO TO YOUR NEIGHBORS! TELL EVERYBODY and encourage him or her to send letters.

Let's stop the corrupt CA DCSS in their tracks. We did it last year and we can do it again. I can promise you that they are quite scared. That is why the opposition is building in reaction to our team based efforts.

Thanks,

Warble