Title: Standing up to feminism

Author: Betsy Hart

Date: July 12, 2002

Sacks Demolishes NOW's Family Court Report | Another Nail In Fathers' Coffins  >

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Sponsors (Score:1)
by AFG (afg2112@yahoo.ca) on Friday July 12, @11:38AM EST (#1)
(User #355 Info)
"Burk has threatened to contact sponsors. If this takes place, perhaps we should contact the same sponsors and go out of our way to purchase their products."

I doubt that the sponsers will be willing to give up the exposure the tournament brings to them -- even with considerable feminist pressure.
Brought to you by the sham mirrors.
Re:Sponsors (Score:3, Interesting)
by frank h on Friday July 12, @12:32PM EST (#3)
(User #141 Info)
From the Master's Web site, I was able to identify three sponsors: IBM, Citigroup, and Coca-Cola. I sent the following letter to IBM and similar ones to Citigroup and Coca-Cola:

Mr Samuel J. Palmisano, President & CEO
International Business Machines Corporation
New Orchard Road
Armonk, NY 10504

Dear Mr. Palmisano,

It is my understanding that the National Council of Women’s Organizations (NCWO), as represented by Martha Burk, is demanding that the Augusta National Golf Club, which hosts the Master’s Golf Tournament, admit women to its membership. Augusta is declining to discuss the issue, citing their constitutionally guaranteed right to freedom of association. Further, it is my understanding that IBM sponsors the Master’s Tournament. One of the many ways in which organizations such as the NCWO coerce their viewpoint is to pressure sponsors, such as IBM, by threatening to have their constituency boycott the sponsors.

As a member of the men’s rights movement, I write to advise you that I sincerely hope that IBM will not succumb to these threats, and that IBM will continue to support the fine tradition of excellence in golf that the Master’s represents. As a systems engineer and currently as a consultant, I have occasion to specify IBM’s products and services. I will continue to do so within the boundaries of their proper application. However, I will be extremely disappointed to see IBM change their position in the face of this extremist threat.

Organizations such as NCWO have a long history of demanding entry into men’s organizations with the sole purpose of breaking down the doors. In most cases, the character of the organization is changed forever, and these changes are usually destructive. While Burk cites the need for this as a demonstration of American egalitarianism, I would point out that freedom of association is a basic right written into the U.S. Constitution that is as essential to American freedom as freedom of speech and equal treatment under the law.

Again, I sincerely hope that IBM will remain firm on this issue.

I wrote to:

Mr. Douglas N. Daft, CEO
The Coca-Cola Company
P.O. Box 1734
Atlanta, GA, USA 30301

Ms. Ellen Alemany, President & CEO
Citicapital
450 Mamaroneck Avenue
Harrison, NY 10502

I heard Burk on a talk radio show out of Philadelphia and one of the things she uses as her "justification" is that women make 80% of the buying decisions. This is true in the commercial market, but not in the industrial market. Men, as corporate buyers and specifiers of equipment are still at the top of that heap, and we ought to make companies whose markets are largely industrial, like IBM, Cisco, Caterpillar, etc. know that this is the case.
Re:Sponsors (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Saturday July 20, @05:25AM EST (#11)
Ever notice that TONS of women decry all-male organizations? Ever notice that Men NEVER decry all-FEMALE organizations? ...So tell me again why women are called the "FAIR sex"... THUNDERCLOUD
Wow. (Score:1)
by BusterB on Friday July 12, @12:20PM EST (#2)
(User #94 Info) http://themenscenter.com/busterb/
What a great response to usual huffy hypocrisy from feminist groups, and what a great article. The article clearly points out how petty and bossy the women's groups are. I echo the sentiment, "Haven't you gals got anything better to do with your time than this?"

Wish I could come up with words like those in real life!
Warren Farrell is getting Married. (Score:2, Informative)
by Dan Lynch (dan047@sympatico.ca) on Friday July 12, @02:05PM EST (#4)
(User #722 Info)
I am sorry if people think this is off topic, but I do think it relates in that, this man has stood up to feminism for a long time and has sacrificed enourmously to do so. And this is how I feel it is related, this email he has sent me today shows that you can stand up to feminism and other hate groups and still prosper and yes still 'get married' and love women. This man is a marvel and has done great things at fighting the hypocracy of feminism along with other men and women like him who stood up to it I think a congradulations is in order.

Warren's email. Many of you may have it, but here it is.

"Sorry if you've already received this; I was having computer problems, so some people have and some people have not received this. If you've received this before, consider that the downside of having a computer that is compatible with mine!

I have just moved, and am getting married! My cox email address went to email heaven. Here are the new earthlings:

                new email: warrenfarrell@adelphia.net
                new address: 2982 Las Olas Ct., Carlsbad, CA 92009
                same phone: (760) 753-5000
                same fax: (760) 753-2436
                same web site: http://www.warrenfarrell.com

On the personal side, I have moved because Liz, my woman friend for 8 years (minus a few break-ups!) and I are getting married (on August 4)! We have bought a beautiful new home together, near our old homes. Right now it is hard to see our home through the boxes!

Writing wise, Father and Child Reunion has led to some very successful expert witness work--resulting in judges allowing dads to fully share the parenting. It is heartening to see the research have such human results.

Next book: on pay issues (25 Ways to Higher Pay).

                                                                                                Warren Farrell"

.
Dan Lynch
Standing up to feminism (Score:1)
by fritzc77 on Friday July 12, @04:06PM EST (#5)
(User #28 Info) http://fritzc77.tripod.com/aboutmechrisf/
I loved this piece, and I am very much with the author, when she says, right on!

      fritzc77

Those who claim to be brutally honest, enjoy the brutality more than the honesty.
Re:Standing up to feminism (Score:1)
by Dan Lynch (dan047@sympatico.ca) on Friday July 12, @08:15PM EST (#6)
(User #722 Info)
"Those who claim to be brutally honest, enjoy the brutality more than the honesty. "

I like you.
.
Dan Lynch
Cool-Named Folk Heroes (Score:2)
by Thomas on Saturday July 13, @04:00PM EST (#7)
(User #280 Info)
Here's another essay published today, 7/13/02, on the subject.

Now that I think about it, "Hootie" is a pretty cool name for a folk hero. Oughta start a Cool Name, Men's Movement, Folk Hero list. Here's my nominations:

Hootie
El Dildo Bandito

Hmmm... "Big Mac" is trademarked, so that won't work for Wendy. Wonder if she'd mind "Little Mac." Then again, she's Canadian. "MacCanuck" maybe.

Any other good ones? Remember, gotta have a Cool Name.
Re:Cool-Named Folk Heroes (Score:2)
by Thomas on Saturday July 13, @04:06PM EST (#8)
(User #280 Info)
Another one:

The Desert Light
Re:Cool-Named Folk Heroes (Score:1)
by Dan Lynch (dan047@sympatico.ca) on Saturday July 13, @04:40PM EST (#9)
(User #722 Info)
"Hmmm... "Big Mac" is trademarked, so that won't work for Wendy. Wonder if she'd mind "Little Mac." Then again, she's Canadian. "MacCanuck" maybe."

Wendy signs her emial as MAC, maybe thats is good. I don't think 'little ' can justify her prowess. How about 'WendyMAC'. Or how about "One Hardcore Rightous Bitch" (meant lovingly). I have a feeling that there are a few fembots out there who will just shorten that one. Oh well; can't please everyone. I will work on this. : )
.
Dan Lynch
Re:Cool-Named Folk Heroes (Score:2)
by Thomas on Saturday July 13, @04:59PM EST (#10)
(User #280 Info)
"mac" is good. (From what I've seen with a quick check, she uses all lower case.)

So:

mac
The Desert Light
Hootie