GA Senators Against Paternity Fraud Bill
posted by Scott on Wednesday February 27, @07:29PM
from the reproductive-rights dept.
Reproductive Rights warble writes "Earlier I asked the question, what legislators in Georgia voted against the right of a man to be free from paternity fraud? I have found the answer to that question at this URL. I believe there were five Democrats in the Senate that opposed HB369. Five Democrats chose not to vote and one Republican also abstained. If we use the logic that one is either for or against men's rights, then eleven Senators oppose men's rights. Perhaps somebody in GA can call them and inform us why these legislators oppose this bill. Just click on the name next to red "N" to get their phone number. I would like to know. In total that means that about 20% of the Senators oppose men's rights legislation in GA."

NOW Endorses the Book Stupid White Men | N.O.W. Targets Garman as "Radical Right"  >

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Here's my guess (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Wednesday February 27, @08:01PM EST (#1)
"We must protect innocent children because they are our future." Never mind innocent adults.

These children are our future? Let's picture this for a minute. A future America full of illigitimate children who don't even know who their fathers are because their mothers were banging a dozen different guys at the time of their conception. The girls, now adults, have more sex partners than your average porn star and are spawning another generation of illigitimate kids.

Be afraid. Be very very afraid.
You can tell (Score:1)
by DanCurry on Wednesday February 27, @08:54PM EST (#2)
(User #245 Info)
Yes, you can actually tell by the look on her face, who is a member of N.O.W.

CLICK HERE BUT WEAR THICK SHADES

Re:You can tell (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Wednesday February 27, @09:13PM EST (#4)
Hon. Peg Bitch
Re:You can tell (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Wednesday February 27, @10:50PM EST (#7)
...you can actually tell by the look on her face, who is a member of N.O.W

Yea...lol...I thought that picture was a hoot!

Warble
Re:You can tell (Score:1)
by Luek on Thursday February 28, @01:20AM EST (#11)
(User #358 Info)
I don't like making fun of anybody just because they, well look "funny" in a picture.

BUT some points to ponder from her bio:

1. has spouse (male presumed)named Brooks..
Brooks Blitch?!?!? eck!!! ;-\

2. she owns a FORD dealership! Isn't there a boycott of FORD because of their misandric attitudes toward middle-aged white males? They just settled out of court over this as I recall.

3. yeah, you can just tell by the look on her face that YOU as a male will not get any slack from her in any situation....just ask ol' Brooks!
Re:You can tell (Score:2)
by Nightmist (nightmist@mensactivism.org) on Thursday February 28, @09:48AM EST (#15)
(User #187 Info)
2. she owns a FORD dealership! Isn't there a boycott of FORD because of their misandric attitudes toward middle-aged white males? They just settled out of court over this as I recall.

Yep. http://edge.net/~nitemist/ford.html

Re:You can tell (Score:1)
by johnpowers on Thursday February 28, @08:45AM EST (#14)
(User #695 Info)
Now, we could poke fun at their members, but we being responsible, intelligent individuals, won't, right guys? There are better things to poke fun at than those things which we cannot change.

Such as her anti-male views?

Just a thought.
Women aren't better than men. Men aren't better than women. We're just different. Deal.
Re:You can tell (Score:1)
by wiccid stepparent on Thursday February 28, @12:04PM EST (#17)
(User #490 Info)
"Women aren't better than men. Men aren't better than women. We're just different. Deal."

Can we get that printed on bumper stickers and tee shirts?
Re:You can tell (Score:1)
by johnpowers on Sunday March 10, @11:51AM EST (#19)
(User #695 Info)
Heh.

I'm quotable!
Women aren't better than men. Men aren't better than women. We're just different. Deal.
Ga. Senators Who Supported Paternity Fraud (Score:1)
by Luek on Wednesday February 27, @09:07PM EST (#3)
(User #358 Info)
On clinking the link in this article I discovered my State Senator critter ABSTAINED. Coward!

I just sent him this e-mail.

"""Dear Senator Thompson,

As one of your constituents, I was deeply disappointed to learn that you abstained from voting on HB 369 which remedied the gross problem of making a non-biological father pay child support for a child that is not his and is commonly known as Paternity Fraud.

Thankfully, there were more than enough Senators with integrity to vote for passage of this progressive landmark legislation and it will soon become law.

Judging from you unwillingness to support much needed reform legislation in the matter of family law like HB 369, I assume your support for further reform legislation in this area, such as HB 672 (Child Support Reform) will not be forthcoming.

If I am mistaken in this assumption please correct me.

Thank you for your time,"""

Re:Ga. Senators Who Supported Paternity Fraud (Score:2)
by Nightmist (nightmist@mensactivism.org) on Wednesday February 27, @09:40PM EST (#6)
(User #187 Info)
I just sent him this e-mail.

Nice work, Luek. The letter is well-worded and succinct. Let us know if you get a response.

Re:Ga. Senators Who Supported Paternity Fraud (Score:1)
by hobbes on Wednesday February 27, @11:26PM EST (#8)
(User #537 Info)
For those of us who are not residents of Georgia, would writing a letter to these senators be (potentially) beneficial? I would like to show my utter contempt for their decision on the bill, but I'm not sure if my opinion would carry any weight, considering that I do not reside in that state. I suppose it couldn't hurt. Any suggestions?
Re:Ga. Senators Who Supported Paternity Fraud (Score:1)
by Luek on Thursday February 28, @01:23AM EST (#12)
(User #358 Info)
you wrote:
"""I'm not sure if my opinion would carry any weight, considering that I do not reside in that state. I suppose it couldn't hurt. Any suggestions?"""

It wouldn't hurt to let them know that the world is watching their misandry and it is not cool.

Just e-mail them and save your stamps.

Re:Ga. Senators Who Supported Paternity Fraud (Score:1)
by wiccid stepparent on Thursday February 28, @02:17PM EST (#18)
(User #490 Info)
Anyone have a link to the legislation? Working as I do in the legislative arena, I know that sometimes bills with good intentions have flawed language. I'd like to take a look at it. That would give me a better idea of whether these legislators voted against it because they don't believe paternity fraud needs to be addressed, or if it was something within the language they objected to.
Democrat or Republican (Score:1)
by Thomas on Wednesday February 27, @09:35PM EST (#5)
(User #280 Info)
I often wonder if the Democrats or Republicans are more anti-male. In this case five Democrats opposed men's rights, five Democrats chose not to vote for men's rights, and one Republican decided not to vote for men's rights.

Another little nail in the coffin of the Democratic party?

I'm not preaching here, just stating the facts, when I point out that I used to side more often with Democrats than with Republicans. That may be changing now and changing fast.
Re:Democrat or Republican (Score:1)
by Tom on Thursday February 28, @07:06AM EST (#13)
(User #192 Info)
Thomas - I agree with your assessment. The more I look at things the more the spelling of democrat seems to have changed to femocrat! :>(

I'm going to pick a couple of those senators and email them asking why they voted against. I think it's a great idea for us out of towners to let them know they are being watched on a national basis. They will surely tell their friends that mens issues are getting attention and to watch out what they do. Good.
Re:Democrat or Republican (Score:1)
by warble (activistwarble@yahoo.com) on Thursday February 28, @11:51AM EST (#16)
(User #643 Info)
I'm going to pick a couple of those senators and email them asking why they voted against.

Thanks Tom. I will be interested in any replies, and I will do the same for all eleven Senators.

In order to be polite (hard at times) I will model it after a letter posted under this topic.
Click, look and listen... (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Thursday February 28, @12:09AM EST (#9)

what legislators in Georgia voted against the right of a man to be free from paternity fraud?

Through the magic of Madcap Misogynist's modern technology, you can now listen in on Georgia's legislators who, in their "infinite wisdom", and after secret Democrat deliberations, voted against us.
I'd rather have an enema with a garden hose... (Score:0)
by Anonymous User on Thursday February 28, @12:22AM EST (#10)

>Yes, you can actually tell by the
>look on her face, who is a member of N.O.W.

>CLICK HERE BUT WEAR THICK SHADES

Oooooof-ah!

Get the tranquelizer gun, we'll have to tag and release this one!

That old sea-hag looks like a wildebeest!

Actually, that's harsh. Now that she shaved her moustache, she looks good enough to be head Clydesdale at the Neanrathal jamboree!

And what's that Sgt. Carter haircut?

Looks like hers shrivel men up like a three hour bath!

I'd NEVER have sex with that old goat!

I'd rather have an enema with a garden hose, slam my nose in a car door and have a proctologist named Dr. Hook.

The Madcap Misogynist