CNN wants to Hear from Male DV Victims

mens_issues writes "CNN wants to hear from male victims of domestic violence. If you were a victim within the last three years, this is your chance to present the other side of the domestic violence issue.

This information is from a newsletter sent out by Chuck Corry of the Equal Justice Foundation."

Click on Read More/Post Comments to see the original newsletter with his announcement.
From: "Dr. Charles E. Corry"

To: EJF comments

Cc: "Abate, Angelena"

Subject: EJF notice - CNN looking for abused men

Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005

Charles,

My name is Angelena and I am a producer at CNN's Paula Zahn Now program.

We are working on a story about battered men and I got your name from Lisa who works with DV victims. I have also talked to Marc Angelucci and several others.

I would like to talk to you about your experience helping men who have experienced domestic violence.

I can be reached at 212-275-8340 or I am happy to call you if you give me a good number. I look forward to hearing from you.

Angelena

______________________________

I received the above from Angelena Abate with CNN and spoke with her on the phone today. She would like to speak to men who have been physically abused by their wives or girlfriends within the past three years and are willing to discuss their experience.

Given CNN's global coverage I would assume this invitation includes men in the many other countries the EJF works with. Also please feel free to forward this to your local lists if you think any in your group would possibly be interested.

Her phone number and email address are given above if you meet this criteria, and would like to talk about it, please contact her directly.

Charles E. Corry, Ph.D., F.G.S.A.

Charles E. Corry, Ph.D., F.G.S.A.

President

Equal Justice Foundation http://www.ejfi.org/

455 Bear Creek Road

Colorado Springs, Colorado 80906-5820

Personal home page: http://corry.ws

Curriculum vitae: http://www.marquiswhoswho.net/charleselmocorry/Def ault.aspx

The good men may do separately is small compared with what they may do collectively.

-- Benjamin Franklin

NOTICE: This story was migrated from the old software that used to run Mensactivism.org. Unfortunately, user comments did not get included in the migration. However, you may view a copy of the original story, with comments, at the following link:

http://news.mensactivism.org/articles/05/12/28/1716202.shtml

Like0 Dislike0