Title: Week of hell for 'shame' lawyer

Author: Michele Hewitson

Date: October 27, 2001

Probable Cause Needed for Arrests in Restraining Order Violations | Testicular Self-Examination How-To  >

This discussion has been archived. No new comments can be posted.
Awesome and DON'T STOP
by Nightmist (nightmist@mensactivism.org) on Friday October 26, @09:07PM EST (#1)
(User #187 Info) http://www.jameshanbackjr.com
We've got Ritchie backed into a corner. Those of you who sent feedback to the NZ Herald, KEEP DOING IT. She's not down yet, and she's not rethinking her bigotry on men and children. We need now to get THOSE points across to her.

I hope she's right. I hope her career IS destroyed. Horrible to wish that on anyone, but she's SUCH a bigot!

The paper sends a bigot to write about a bigot...
by BusterB on Saturday October 27, @05:19AM EST (#2)
(User #94 Info) http://themenscenter.com/busterb/
Did anyone else notice the paragraph in the story,

"Her call for collective responsibility and a collective apology has touched an already jangling nerve."

Throughout this piece the (female) writer does her best to portray Ritchie as woman on conscience and conviction who accidentally stepped on a PR landmine. Why do newspapers always seem to send cranks to write about cranks?
Re:The paper sends a bigot to write about a bigot.
by frank h on Saturday October 27, @09:30AM EST (#3)
(User #141 Info)
Can someone post email and snail-mail addresses?

Thanks,

Frank
Re:The paper sends a bigot to write about a bigot.
by Nightmist (nightmist@mensactivism.org) on Saturday October 27, @10:24AM EST (#4)
(User #187 Info) http://www.jameshanbackjr.com
E-mail feedback to the paper may be found here:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/feedback

Don't know about snail mail.

There's Something Rotten in New Zealand
by Thomas on Saturday October 27, @12:28PM EST (#5)
(User #280 Info)
The public outrage against this extremist, sexist bigotry should not be directed solely at Denise Ritchie. Certainly, it will be a good thing if her career is destroyed, but we should also direct our indignation at Roger McClay, New Zealand’s Commissioner for Children. (Note that, in the first article, he was cited as supporting the idea of a men's day of shame.) Any person who holds such contempt for males, and, therefore, half the children and half the parents of the world, should never be a Commissioner for Children. Prime Minister, Helen Clark, should demand his immediate resignation. If she doesn’t, it should be taken as a clear indication of her, and her party’s, contempt for all males.

Men should not be alone in objecting to this evil. Women should register their anger over such hatred against the men they love, and children should protest this campaign of loathing against their fathers.

Helen Clark can be contacted at:
pm@ministers.govt.nz

Roger McClay can be contacted at:
children@occ.org.nz

People from around the world need to register their anger over this hateful zealotry, but it’s up to the good people of New Zealand to put an end to it in their own nation.
Re:There's Something Rotten in New Zealand
by Nightmist (nightmist@mensactivism.org) on Saturday October 27, @12:32PM EST (#6)
(User #187 Info) http://www.jameshanbackjr.com
Good points, Thomas. I'm e-mailing those folks now. Thank you for providing the addresses.

Re:There's Something Rotten in New Zealand
by Larry on Saturday October 27, @01:27PM EST (#7)
(User #203 Info)
Thanks Thomas,

I am moved to fire up the word processor, but I'm research-impaired. I know I have read that 55% of perpetrators of physical child abuse are women. I don't know the stats for sexual abuse. Does anyone have those numbers and the citations?

The idea is to point out that it makes as much (or as little) sense to call for converting Mothers' Day to a Day of Shame, then to point out that a child abuse activist who doesn't know these FACTS about abusers is a fraud and that a Minister for Children who doesn't know them is incompetent. (If you like these points, feel free to plagiarize.)

Larry
More adresses
by zerostress on Saturday October 27, @03:17PM EST (#8)
(User #275 Info)
Copied from Max Burke's post at annexcafe.mensbbs

Feedback to the Herald at:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/info/#letters

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/feedback/ being the maibox for comments on the site.

Feedback to ECPAT International:
ECPAT is a network of organisations and individuals working together for the elimination of child prostitution, child pornography and trafficking of children for sexual purposes.

http://www.ecpat.net/eng/index.asp

ECPAT New Zealand:
ECPAT New Zealand has been in existence since 1993 operating from its national office in Auckland. Its main focus is on the campaign to end child prostitution, child pornography and the trafficking of children for sexual purposes.

http://207.153.255.161/ecpat1/network/new.htm

Feedback to :
New Zealand Commissioner for Children.
Roger McClay said he would support the idea.

http://www.govt.nz/aghome.php3?id=190

Zerostress
Re:More adresses
by zerostress on Saturday October 27, @05:31PM EST (#9)
(User #275 Info)

Deputy Director and Research Fellow:
Dr Heather Worth
h.worth@auckland.ac.nz
ph: 64 9 3737 599 x 7042
fax: 64 9 3737

Men's Day of Shame
by jmhays37 on Sunday October 28, @04:28PM EST (#10)
(User #82 Info) http://johnhays.net
There should be a national False Accusers' Day of Shame instead, and Ritchie and her buddies should be the first to stand up and apologize for their hatred for, and obsession with destroying, fathers.
John Hays http://johnhays.net
Re:Awesome and DON'T STOP
by Anonymous User on Sunday October 28, @06:54PM EST (#11)
I would not stop. I have a "save father's day" webpage (also a forum):

http://network54.com/Hide/Forum/161876
Another Strategy Against Manhating
by Uberganger on Monday October 29, @09:31AM EST (#12)
(User #308 Info)
It's great to hear that Denise Ritchie has had a week of hell (it'll be good practise for the real thing). However, even if this particular attempt at legitimising the open hatred and denigration of men fails, there will be others. Manhaters will not stop being manhaters, and they will not stop trying to think up ways of promoting their attitudes. Fortunately, anything can be subverted into its opposite. I propose that if any kind of 'Men's Day of Collective Shame' ever comes into existence we turn it into its opposite: a day of recognition and thanks for men. How? Send cards to any man or group of men who do good things that usually go largely unthanked. Obvious examples are your local fire service, police and ambulancemen, but for more publicity we should also target reporters and editors, either thanking them for reporting some men's issue or other in their publication, or just thanking them generally for keeping us informed. You could use regular 'Thank You' cards or plain (ie. unmessaged) cards, or create your own 'Thank You, Men' card. Perhaps sympathetic publications could be pursuaded to publish positive articles about men at the same time. I hope this suggestion doesn't sound too batty, but I think that the more people who openly denounce manhating, and the more ways in which they do it, the more men (and women) will have the courage to stand up against it.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
by Emanslave on Sunday November 04, @08:41AM EST (#13)
(User #144 Info)
Well done guys!

Let's show that b---- that you don't mess with the fathers of this family! You sure did shut her up and got her handed the pink slip! Hey, if NOW acts like this...then they may lose their charter!!!

Nice Job Scott, Adam, Nightmist, and the rest of the Masculists, and some good Feminists who are sticking up for us!

Emmanuel Matteer
Emanslave@aol.com